Spotify error code 18 is an error that can occur when trying to connect to the Spotify service. It can happen for a number of reasons, but is most likely caused by either a problem with your internet connection or a problem with the Spotify servers. There are a few things you can try to fix this error, but if it continues to occur, you may need to contact Spotify customer support for further assistance.
You are here because you have a question about:
- spotify error code 18 windows 7
- error code 18 spotify windows 8
- spotify won t install error code 18
- spotify error code 18
1. Restart your device
If your device is having trouble connecting to Spotify, you may need to restart it. Here are the steps to restart your device:
- Press and hold the power button on your device until the power menu appears.
- Tap the Restart option.
- Your device will restart and hopefully connect to Spotify successfully.
2. Update your device's operating system
- Open the Settings app on your device and tap on About Phone.
- Tap on System Updates and check if there is an update available for your device.
- If there is an update available, download and install it.
- Once the update is installed, restart your device.
- Try opening Spotify again and see if the error code 18 is fixed.
3. Reinstall the Spotify app
If you are experiencing the Spotify error code 18, it is most likely due to an issue with the Spotify app itself. In order to fix this error, you will need to uninstall and then reinstall the Spotify app. Here are the detailed instructions:
- On your computer, go to the Control Panel.
- Click on "Uninstall a Program" under the Programs heading.
- Find Spotify in the list of installed programs and click on it.
- Click the "Uninstall" button.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once Spotify has been uninstalled, restart your computer.
- Download the latest version of Spotify from the Spotify website.
- Install Spotify and launch the app.
- Enter your Spotify login credentials.
- Try streaming music to see if the error code 18 has been fixed.
4. Check for updates to the Spotify app
- First, open the Spotify app on your device.
- Then, click on the "Settings" tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, select the "Advanced" option.
- Finally, click on the "Check for updates" button and follow the instructions on the screen to install the latest Spotify update.
5. Reset your network settings
If you're having trouble with Spotify and you think it may be due to your network settings, you can try resetting them. Here's how:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on the "General" tab.
- Scroll down and tap on "Reset".
- Tap on "Reset Network Settings".
- Enter your passcode, if prompted, and confirm the reset.
- Once your device has reset, try using Spotify again.
6. Contact Spotify support
- Visit the Spotify support page at https://support.spotify.com/.
- Select the "Contact Us" option.
- Enter your email address and describe your issue in the provided form.
- Click the "Send" button. Spotify will then reach out to you via email in order to help resolve your issue.