When you receive the Windows 7 update error 80072efe, it means that the update process has been interrupted. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including if your computer is not connected to the Internet, if your firewall is blocking the update process, or if there is a problem with the update files themselves.
If you are connected to the Internet and are still seeing this error, you will need to disable any firewall or anti-virus software that you have running. Once you have done this, try running the update again. If the problem persists, you may need to download the update files manually and install them yourself.
People like you are also looking for:
- windows error code 80072efe
- windows 7 update error 80072efe
1. Restart your computer and try updating again
- Open the Start menu and click on “Power”.
- Click on “Restart”.
- Click on “Yes” when the computer asks you if you want to restart to finish the update process.
- After the computer restarts, finish the update process by clicking on “Update” in the Start menu.
- If the update still fails, try reinstalling Windows 7.
2. Check for updates from Microsoft Update manually
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click System and Security.
- Click Windows Update.
- On the Windows Update screen, click Check for updates.
- If there are new updates available, the Updates Available column will show a green check mark. If there are updates available, the Updates Available column will show a yellow caution mark.
- To download and install the updates, click the appropriate button on the Updates Available column.
- After the updates are installed, click the Close button.
- If there are any problems, click the Troubleshoot button and then follow the instructions.
3. Update your antivirus program and run a full scan of your computer
- Open the Windows Update window by clicking on the Start button, selecting Control Panel and then clicking on Windows Update.
- If Windows Update is not already running, click on the start button, select Run and type in "windows update".
- Click on the check box next to the update that you want to install.
- Click on the Install button.
- When the update has been installed, click on the finish button.
- Click on the OK button to close the Windows Update window.
- Click on the Start button, select All Programs and then click on antivirus.
- Click on the Antivirus program icon.
- Click on theScan Computer button.
- When the scan has been completed, click on the Fix Errors button.
- When the Fix Errors window has been displayed, click on the OK button.
- Click on the Close button to close the Antivirus program.
- Close all open windows.
4. Reset the Windows Update Components
- Start by opening the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on the Windows Update button.
- On the Windows Update screen, click on the Check for updates button.
- If there are any updates available, click on the Install updates button.
- When the updates are installed, click on the Restart button.
- After the computer has restarted, click on the Update components button.
- In the Update components screen, click on the Troubleshoot button.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click on the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- On the Windows Update Troubleshooter screen, click on the Reset button.
- After the Reset button has been clicked, Windows will restart again.
If you didn't find success with an option above, then try:
- Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus program and try updating again.
- Run the System File Checker.
- Run the DISM tool.
- Try updating your Windows 7 system offline.