When you install a game or application on your PS3, the process is normally straightforward and quick. However, sometimes an error can occur that causes the install to fail. The most common error code that appears when this happens is 80029564.
This error code typically occurs when the PS3 is unable to connect to the server that is hosting the game or application you are trying to install. This can be due to a number of factors, including temporary server issues, a problem with your internet connection, or even a problem with the PS3 itself.
If you see this error code, the first thing you should do is try restarting your PS3 and then trying the install again. If that doesn't work, try restarting your router and modem. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Sony customer support for further assistance.
Users typically search for a solution by asking about:
- ps3 error code 80029509
- an error occurred during the install operation ps3
1. Restart the PS3
- Hold down the power button and the eject button at the same time until the PS3 powers off.
- After the PS3 powers off, hold down the power button and the reset button at the same time to restore the system to its factory settings.
- After restoring the system to its factory settings, press the power button to turn on the PS3.
- When the PS3 prompts you to enter your user name and password, enter your user name and password.
- After you have logged in, the PS3 will display the home screen.
- Select the “Settings” icon on the home screen.
- Select “System” from the Settings menu.
- Select “Restart” from the System menu.
- After the PS3 has restarted, select “Yes” to restart the system again.
2. Reinstall the game
- Go to the game's installation folder on your PS3 hard drive.
- Delete any existing "accounts.xml" and "config.xml" files.
- Copy the "accounts.xml" and "config.xml" files from the game's installation folder to the "system" folder.
- Enter the "system" folder and delete any existing "game.ini" file.
- Copy the "game.ini" file from the game's installation folder to the "system" folder.
- Enter the "system" folder and rename the "game.ini" file to "config.ini".
- Enter the "system" folder and overwrite the "game.exe" file with the newly created "config.exe".
3. Delete the game data and try again
1.Press the PlayStation button to open the system menu. 2.Select "Settings" from the system menu. 3.Select "System" from the Settings menu. 4.Select "Storage" from the System menu. 5.Select "Delete Content and Data" from the Storage menu. 6.Select "Yes" to confirm the deletion. 7.Select "Rebuild Database" from the Storage menu. 8.Select "Yes" to confirm the rebuilding. 9.Select "Play" from the System menu to restart the system.
4. Try installing the game on another PS3
1.Insert the game disc into PS3. 2.Select "Install Game" from the main menu. 3.Select "Install from Disc" and choose the game disc. 4.Select the language and region. 5.Select the install type. 6.Select the install size. 7.Select the install date. 8.Select the install time. 9.Wait for the installation to finish. 10.Select "Play Game."
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Contact Sony customer support