The dns_probe_finished_no_internet error code indicates that the Domain Name System (DNS) could not be reached. This can be caused by a number of factors, including incorrect DNS settings or a problem with the DNS server itself.
People like you are also looking for:
- error code dns_probe_finished_no_internet
1. Check your internet connection
- Open a web browser and type "netstat -an"
- On the first line, the system should list all of the active connections. If the dns_probe_finished_no_internet is occurring on a networked device, it will be listed as an active connection.
- Look for a line that says "DNS Probing Completed, No Internet Connection" and make note of the IP address.
- Next, open a command prompt and type "ping that IP address"
- If the ping is successful, then your internet connection is likely okay and you can move on to the next step. If the ping fails, then your internet connection is likely not okay and you will need to fix it.
2. Check your DNS settings
The steps to check your DNS settings in order to fix dns_probe_finished_no_internet are as follows:
- Go to the "Network and Sharing Center" and open the "Change adapter settings" window.
- Right-click on the network adapter that you want to check and select "Properties."
- On the "General" tab, click on the "DNS" button.
- On the "DNS" window, make sure that the "Use the following DNS server addresses" setting is configured to use the DNS servers that you configured for your network connection.
- If the "Use the following DNS server addresses" setting is not configured, you can enter the DNS servers that you configured for your network connection on the "Default DNS server" text box.
- Click on the "OK" button to save the changes and close the "Properties" window.
- Restart the network adapter that you are checking.
3. Check your firewall settings
- In a web browser, enter the following address: http://192.168.1.1/firewall
- In the Firewall section, you should see a list of active firewall rules.
- In the Active Rules section, you should see a rule for dns_probe_finished_no_internet.
- Click the rule to view the details.
- In the Description field, you should see the following message: The specified host is not connected to the network.
- In the Action field, you should see the following message: Disable this rule.
- Click the Disable button.
- In the Firewall Rules section, you should see a new rule for dns_probe_finished_no_internet.
- In the Description field, you should see the following message: The specified host is now connected to the network.
- In the Action field, you should see the following message: Enable this rule.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- Check your router settings
- Check your ISP settings
- Check your hosts file
- Check your DNS cache