What is 'Microsoft Edge error code 268d3'?
"Microsoft Edge error code 268d3" is a deceptive error that may appear in the user's web browsers all of a sudden and can be caused by a deceptive malware variant that keeps redirecting the user to a phishing page.
How can you fix 'Microsoft Edge error code 268d3'?
Some of the common fixes include:
- Closing the pop-up notification
- Running an anti-virus
- Repairing or resetting Microsoft Edge
Please see our in-depth walk-through solutions below.
1. Close pop-up notification
"Microsoft Edge error code 268d3" is a scam and a fake error that tells you to call a certain toll free number. The error is not related to Microsoft. The pop up also appears in some browser such as Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. This type of pop up is considered as a Browser Hijacker. Please terminate the pop-up immediately. Use task manager if you could not close it. Please see below for the fake pop-up message for reference.
2. Run anti-virus
"Microsoft Edge error code 268d3" may also be caused by a malicious software. If the pop-up persists, a malicious software could be running on your Windows. Full scan your Windows using an updated anti-virus. See instruction below.
- Update Windows Defender, when done proceed to the next step.
- Click Windows Start, type in msconfig and then press Enter.
- At the General tab, select Selective Startup.
- Uncheck the Load startup items.
- Go to services tab, check Hide all Mircosoft services and then click Disable all.
- Click Apply, then click OK and click Restart.
- Run Windows Defender.
- Do a full scan to eliminate Malware.
- Run Windows Update.
NOTE: It is recommended to disable third-party anti-virus before updating Windows.
3. Repair or Reset Microsoft Edge
"Microsoft Edge error code 268d3" still persists, try to repair or reset your Microsoft Edge.
- Right-click Windows Start and select Settings.
- In the Settings search bar, type Apps & features.
- Look for Microsoft Edge.
- Click Advance Option.
- Reset it and try again.
- If fails, click repair.