The "C" error code on a Samsung refrigerator indicates that the refrigerator's freezer is too cold. This can happen for a variety of reasons, but is usually caused by the freezer being set too low or by a blockage in the airflow to the freezer. If the freezer is set too low, the refrigerator will try to compensate by running the compressor for longer periods of time, which can lead to the "C" error code. A blockage in the airflow to the freezer can be caused by a dirty air filter, a blocked vent, or a frost build-up on the coils.
1. Check the water line for leaks
Leak checking for Samsung refrigerators typically starts with locating the water line. The water line is usually located in the back of the refrigerator and can be accessed by removing the door panel. Once the water line is located, it can be checked for leaks using a water leak detector. If a leak is found, the line can be replaced with a new one.
2. Check the defrost timer
1.Open the refrigerator door and look for the timer on the back wall. 2.If the timer is not visible, look for a light switch on the wall near the door. 3.Flip the light switch to the "on" position. 4.Look for a red light on the timer. 5.If the red light is not on, the timer may be broken and needs to be replaced. 6.If the red light is on, press and hold the reset button on the timer for about five seconds. 7.The timer will turn off and the freezer will start to defrost. 8.The freezer will continue to defrost for about an hour, and the refrigerator will restart.
3. Check the ice maker
- Open the refrigerator door and look for the ice maker.
- If you can see the ice maker, remove the front panel.
- Look for ice cubes and any debris on the inside of the ice maker.
- If there is debris on the inside of the ice maker, clean it with a damp cloth.
- Replace any dirty or cracked ice maker parts.
- Reinstall the front panel and close the refrigerator door.
- Check the ice maker again to see if the error code has disappeared.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Check the evaporator fan.
- Check the condenser fan.
- Check the compressor.