The Samsung refrigerator error code 84 c indicates that the refrigerator has detected a problem with the ice maker. This error code can occur for a number of reasons, such as a clogged ice maker, a problem with the ice maker’s water line, or a problem with the ice maker itself. If you see this error code, you should contact a Samsung service center for assistance.
1. Restart the refrigerator
- Open the refrigerator door and pull out the power cord.
- Remove the four screws that hold the back panel in place.
- Disconnect the wires that connect the freezer and refrigerator sections.
- Remove the back panel.
- Locate the circuit board and disconnect the power supply wires.
- Replace the circuit board and reconnect the power supply wires.
- Replace the back panel.
- Plug in the power cord and reattach the screws.
2. Check the evaporator for frost buildup
- Open the refrigerator and remove the freezer drawer.
- Look for frost buildup on the evaporator coils and on the condenser. If frost is present, use a knife or a frost scraper to remove it.
- Replace any frost-covered parts as needed.
- Reconnect the refrigerator and check the error code. If the code is resolved, close the freezer drawer and return to step 1. If the code remains, replace the evaporator.
3. Check the condenser for dirt and debris
To check the condenser for dirt and debris, first remove the cover on the condenser. If there is dirt or debris on the condenser, you will need to clean it. To clean the condenser, use a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment and a bucket.
Still not working? maybe try one of these options:
- Check the evaporator fan for proper operation.
- Check the condenser fan for proper operation.
- Clean the coils.
- Check for proper air flow.
- Check the temperature setting.
- Call a service technician.