The Whirlpool Duet washing machine uses a digital display to show the various error codes that may occur during the operation of the machine. The F21 code indicates that there is a problem with the drain pump. This error code can happen for a number of reasons, such as a clogged drain pump or a problem with the drain hose. If the problem is not resolved, the F21 code will continue to appear and the machine will not operate.
You are here because you have a question about:
- whirlpool duet washer f21 error code
- whirlpool duet f21 code
1. Check the drain hose and make sure it is not clogged or kinked
- Open the whirlpool duet f21 code by pressing the release button on the front of the machine.
- Make sure the drain hose is not clogged or kinked. If it is, remove the obstruction and replace the drain hose.
- Make sure the water level is at the top of the dishwasher by inserting a flathead screwdriver into the dishwasher’s lip.
- Reconnect the drain hose to the dishwasher.
- Close the whirlpool duet f21 code by pressing the release button.
2. Check the washer drain and make sure it is not clogged
There are a few different ways to check the washer drain and make sure it is not clogged. One way is to use a plunger to suction onto the drain and try to remove any material that is blocking the drain. Another way is to use a camera to look down the drain and see if there is any material blocking the drain. If either of these methods fail to unclog the washer drain, then the next step would be to take the washer to a professional to have it checked for a clog.
3. Run a cycle with the washer empty and see if the code still appears
- Turn the washer on and wait for the water to fill up to the top of the drum.
- Check that the water is draining from the front of the machine. If it is not, check the drainage hose or the water hoses.
- Check that the water valve is closed.
- Check that the water is off (unplugged) at the breaker.
- Check that the power cord is plugged into an outlet and into the wall.
- Check that the timer is set to the correct cycle.
- Check that the door is closed.
- Check the water temperature.
- Check the water pressure.
- Check the water level.
- Check the levels in the drum.
- Check that the agitator is turning.
- Check the belt.
- Check the screws that hold the front panel on.
- If the code still appears, remove the front panel and check the water level, water temperature, and water pressure. If the problem is with the water valve, replace the valve. If the problem is with the water hoses, replace the hoses. If the problem is with the water pressure, replace the pressure regulator. If the problem is with the drum, replace the drum. If the problem is with the belt, replace the belt.
Some users might also have success with the following opitons:
- If the code still appears, then there may be a problem with the drain pump or pressure switch.